Combatting Poor Air & Water Quality for a Healthier Home
Your home is your sanctuary - a place where you can unwind after a long day, feel safe and stay healthy. Maintaining proper indoor air quality and water quality plays a major role in protecting your environment. Even if the air seems clean and your water runs clear, there may be invisible contaminants.
Poor indoor air quality can irritate allergies, asthma symptoms and other respiratory conditions. Poor water quality can negatively impact the nervous system and lead to gastrointestinal issues.
With modern filtration and purification technology, it's easier than ever to take control of your home's health! Keep reading to learn more about the importance of clean air and water in your home, and how you can improve it.
The Role of Clean Air in Your Home
Picture this: your allergies act up while outside, so you go inside to relax but you're still sneezing! The culprit may be your home's air quality.
According to the EPA, the pollutants in your home's air can be 2 to 5 times more concentrated than outdoor air. With as much time as we spend in our homes, it's important to make sure your indoor air isn't contributing to negative health effects.
Poor indoor air quality is linked to:
- Worsening allergies and other respiratory conditions.
- Aggravation of existing conditions like COPD and asthma.
- Eye, nose and throat irritation.
- Headaches, dizziness and fatigue.
- Increased workload for your HVAC system.
Common airborne pollutants in Wisconsin and Minnesota:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from household products.
- Dust mites, pet dander and pollen.
- Mold and mildew.
Having clean air in your home comes with many benefits. Not only is the risk of airborne illnesses reduced but you can enjoy better overall well-being, improved indoor comfort and increased productivity and concentration.
The Significance of Clean Water at Home
Access to clean, fresh water is a necessity.
From doing the dishes and laundry to showering and filling a glass from the sink, water plays a major role in your home's comfort and safety. Don't skimp on the quality! Improving water quality supports better health, better quality of life and helps protect your plumbing system.
The risks of contaminated water include:
- Waterborne diseases and infections.
- Long-term health effects from heavy metals and chemicals.
- Dry, brittle hair and skin.
- Damage to plumbing systems and pipes.
Common sources of water contamination in Wisconsin and Minnesota:
- Aging water infrastructure and damaged plumbing.
- Household plumbing materials like lead pipes.
- Environmental pollutants like fertilizers seep into groundwater.
Staying hydrated is a must, and having clean, safe water in your home encourages optimal hydration! You'll also save money on plastic water bottles, reduce the risk of waterborne illnesses and improve skin and hair health.
Tips for Improving Indoor Air Quality
Poor indoor air quality is dangerous - so what can be done about it?
There are several ways you can get started improving your home's air:
- When you can, keep windows open to increase ventilation and refresh stale indoor air.
- Maintain your HVAC systems and change the filters every 90 days to prevent dust buildup from circulating.
- Use natural cleaning products to reduce the risk of lingering odors and airborne pollutants.
The best way to improve air quality, though, starts with knowing what's in your air. Stellar Techs Home Services provides complimentary air quality tests so you get a convenient report of your air's health.
Once you know the contamination levels, you can decide on the right air purification or filtration system for your home. There are a variety of systems to choose from, including UV lights, air scrubbers and whole-house filtration that works with your HVAC. Stellar Techs will ensure you understand the benefits of each to find the right fit for your needs.
Steps to Ensure Clean & Safe Household Water
Sometimes water contamination is easy to spot. If your water is cloudy, discolored, rusty or has a bad taste or odor, you can be certain there's a problem. Other times, water pollutants can be impossible to detect without testing.
Starting with a water quality assessment is the easiest way to find out what's lurking in your water and how to combat it.
Stellar Techs Home Services offer complimentary water quality testing to uncover the true health of your home's water. You might be surprised at the results! Luckily, modern water filtration systems do an excellent job of eliminating pollutants to provide better, tastier water.
There are a number of systems to choose from, including:
- Water softeners to reduce hard minerals like calcium and magnesium.
- Chlorination to kill bacteria and microorganisms.
- Reverse osmosis to remove lead, fluoride and nitrates.
- UV disinfection to kill bacteria and viruses.
Your system is tailored to your needs, whether you are looking for whole-home filtration or improved drinking water. Once your new system is installed, you can keep it in optimal shape by changing the filters when needed! With better water at home, you can cut down on single-use plastic bottles to benefit the environment and save money.
Stellar Techs - Keeping Your Home Safe & Healthy
You deserve to feel confident in your home's safety and health. Stellar Techs is here to help!
We are passionate about helping you improve your indoor comfort with air and water quality solutions that meet your unique needs.
Don't spend another day dealing with contaminated air and water in your home. Start by calling our team to claim your free air or water assessment and take the next step in keeping your home and family safe.